Senior Backend TypeScript Developer (South Africa)
- Vacancy: Senior Backend TypeScript Developer (m/w/d)
- Location: South Africa
- Job Type: Permanent & full-time
- Starting Date: as soon as possible
We are looking for a Senior Backend TypeScript Developer
...who is able to visualize how a Development team should collaborate and function in a modern digital agency; from a technical and process perspective. While you love working with up-to-date technology, you prefer to keep one step behind the "bleeding edge". Daily work routine includes steering technical project work, reviewing technical architecture and decisions, but also doing your share of practical implementation. You help to steer the team's direction toward larger project goals. You are someone who is eager to share their experience with a growing team, and comfortable recruiting, onboarding, and mentoring new talent.
- You have strong communication skills: You enjoy communicating with colleagues and team members. You are open to feedback, new ideas, and impulses.
- You create a healthy culture of failure, promote the exchange of knowledge, and bring new impulses into your team. You act as a mentor and provide critical guidance.
- You help sharpen the strategy for the technical development of the organization and ensure processes support quality and growth across the organization
- You are comfortable with the responsibility of creating new processes and solutions for a wide variety of applications and can effectively unify developers, testing, and e.g. DevOps.
What we expect from you:
- 5+ years as a Senior full-stack TypeScript developer
- ExpressJS or NestJS with good experience in any of the major 3 front-ends
- Database knowledge, SQL, and NoSQL
- Documentation Driven Development with OpenAPI, AsyncAPI, or Swagger
- Microservice infrastructure experience & event-based architectures
- Knowledge of DevOps processes & technologies, infrastructure as code
- Knowledge of QA methodologies and test automation
- Agile software development and continuous integration experience
- Knowledge of trends in software development, system architectures, and design patterns
- Excellent technical project management skills
- Excellent English language skills
It would be nice, but not necessary, that you bring the following:
- GitLab/Hub CI with K8s preferably on AWS
- Containerisation experience with Docker
- Experience with open API-generator, swagger-codegen or generate-it
- Specific database experience with PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, and optionally ElasticSearch
- Java, Python, and additional programming languages
- Test automation with Cypress, Jest, or similar
- Jira and Confluence server expertise
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted and challenging job with a lot of creative freedom
- Agile development that is constantly improving through your feedback
- Supportive and international environment - your ideas are welcome and encouraged for how we work and what we build for our clients
- A people-centric company culture that lives its core values
- Great teammates with a highly cooperative spirit and top-notch knowledge to learn from
- Fun team events
- The acrontum Incubator - bring your best ideas and potentially bring them to life under the wing of acrontum.
- Flexible working hours, the possibility for mobile working, and good work-life balance
- Annual budget for individual further training
- Client projects for major brands in sports, healthcare, and automotive industries (to name a few)
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19 and in order to prevent further spread, we will now conduct all interviews remotely via Teams. Thank you very much for your understanding!
Did we spark your interest?
Get in touch today: